marți, 28 martie 2023

George Michael - Faith ( s1.1 )

 Work on the song later resumed on 1 September 1987, when a new bridge added and a 50s-inspired guitar solo by Burns - played on a Geffen custom Stratocaster - were added at Sarm West Studio 2 in London. According to Porter, the solo was constructed bar-by-bar over a period of 4 hours in a similar fashion to recording George's vocals.

Michael never thought of releasing "Faith" as a single in the beginning but once he decided it was going to be released he extended the song length to add the guitar solo, as explained in an interview with Countdown in 1988:

"Faith was never actually intended as a single when I first recorded it. And then I listened to it more and more and... 'cause in fact, originally it was two minutes long. Originally there was no guitar solo. There was no real guitar sound on it or anything. And everyone said it's great, it's great but it's too short, you know. And everyone kept saying that 'I love Faith, I love Faith'. So I thought, well maybe I should put it out as a single when it came to that. I said, I think a two-minute long single is a bit, you know... so I went in and extended it. But it was originally never intended as a single. It was just gonna be a small track on the album, a really short track."


continuare

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu